Yes our shirts are fair trade and sweat free. We print the vast majority of our shirts on Gildan fabric. And all of our shirts are screenprinted in the US (in Oregon and Texas).
According to this PDF “on June 13, 2007, Gildan obtained accreditation from the Fair Labor Association for its labour compliance program, thus becoming the first manufacturer in its industry to achieve accreditation.” And is “the first basic activewear apparel manufacturer to achieve this status.”
For our few shirts that are not printed on Gildan, we offer American Apparel as a fabric choice for our artists as well. AA is well known for their fair trade practices, which you can read about here. (Also, when AA went public, they offered their employees one share of stock for every workday that employee spent at the company, which totaled over $40 million in stock options.)
I know you didn’t ask, but our posters are also printed in the US (California), our CDs and DVDs are all manufactured and printed in the US (New Jersey), our buttons are all made by a single small business owner in the US (Oregon) and even our special items (like the retail box for John Green’s TFIOS Audio Book and our coffee mugs, etc.) are printed in the US (California), even though printing overseas would be cheaper for us.
And of course, our own warehouse workers packing orders in Montana are all paid fairly for their experience and required skill level.
- homeiswhereyourbookshelfis likes this
- whorechestras likes this
- doomsday-device reblogged this from alandistro
- bowlopetunias likes this
- hau5mu5ic reblogged this from alandistro
- live-in-to-the-answer likes this
- break-the-fourth-wall reblogged this from alandistro
- break-the-fourth-wall likes this
- foodeaterbookreader likes this
- madamesuede likes this
- kalifusch likes this
- lospancakes reblogged this from alandistro
- feuillesdepapier likes this
- lankygingeryoutubetwat likes this
- lankygingeryoutubetwat reblogged this from freqbox
- thesaera likes this
- freqbox reblogged this from alandistro and added:
- freqbox likes this
- northernredwood reblogged this from alandistro
- northernredwood said: Sweet! Thanks a bunch for answering! Time to get some DFTBA shirts…if only I could decide which ones…
- punkjoanofarc said: So it would not be surprising to find that some of their funding came from Gildan. I did a bunch of research on this for the infoshop I staff for, and we decided that the Worker’s Rights Consortium was a much less biased org.
- mach712 likes this
- tugboatsandthings likes this
- allshalldelight reblogged this from alandistro and added:
- missmaggiet likes this
- caitlintheawesome likes this
- alandistro posted this